Approaches to Shadow Banking Regulation - Monitoring and Policy Framework
AbstractIn the recent years the shadow banking system had moved into the focus of regulators. New regulatory approaches affected the overall appearance of financial markets. The G20 detected the shadow banking system as remaining issue for sound and efficient regulation to ensure a stable financial system. The FSB was tasked to develop, in collaboration with other standard setting bodies, a policy framework to monitor and supervise shadow banking activities and entities. This work aims to outline the proposed recommendations of five workstreams and reflect their relevance critically.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena in its series Global Financial Markets Working Paper Series with number 43-2013.
Date of creation: 22 Aug 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.gfinm.de
Non-Bank financial institutions; Shadow Banking; Financial Regulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-09-26 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2013-09-26 (Central Banking)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Fahrholz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.