Univariate nonlinear time series models
AbstractIn this paper developments in the analysis of univariate nonlinear time series are considered. First a number of commonly used nonlinear models are presented. The next section is devoted to methods of testing linearity, which is an important part of nonlinear model building. Techniques of modelling nonlinear series within a predetermined family of models are discussed thereafter. Forecasting with nonlinear models also has its own section. A brief set of final remarks closes the chapter.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm School of Economics in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance with number 593.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 29 Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Palgrave Handbook of Econometrics, Volume 1: Econometrics, Patterson, Kerry, Mills, Terence C. (eds.), 2006, chapter 10, pages 396-424, Palgrave Macmillan.
Note: This paper has been prepared for Kerry Patterson and Terence C. Mills (eds.), Palgrave Handbook of Econometrics, Volume 1: Econometric Theory, Palgrave Macmillan.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
Hidden Markov model; linearity test; neural network; nonlinear model building; threshold autoregressive model; smooth transition autoregressive model;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2005-04-03 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2005-04-03 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.