A simple efficient GMM estimator of GARCH models
AbstractThis paper is concerned with efficient GMM estimation and inference in GARCH models. Sufficient conditions for the estimator to be consistent and asymptotically normal are established for the GARCH(1,1) conditional variance process. In addition efficiency results are obtained in the general framework of the GARCH(1,1)-M regression model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm School of Economics in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance with number 0434.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 13 Feb 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
GARCH; GARCH-M; efficient GMM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Todd, Prono, 2009. "Simple, Skewness-Based GMM Estimation of the Semi-Strong GARCH(1,1) Model," MPRA Paper 30994, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Jul 2011.
- Todd, Prono, 2010. "Simple GMM Estimation of the Semi-Strong GARCH(1,1) Model," MPRA Paper 20034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.