Starting values in estimation of cointegrating vectors with restrictions
AbstractIn cointegration analysis, when considering a hypothesis of the kind beta =(H_1*phi_1,...,H_n*phi_n) the estimator is a simple switching method that requires starting values. We propose using additional restrictions, then solutions of an eigenvector problem may be used as starting values. Using a real world data set the proposed starting values seem to be better than the old, and sometimes they are much better.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm School of Economics in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance with number 297.
Length: 7 pages
Date of creation: 04 Feb 1999
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Applied Economics Letters, 2001, pages 521-524.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
Cointegration; Hypothesis testing; Starting values;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-1999-02-08 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-1999-02-08 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.