Entrepreneurship, Social Capital, Governance and Regional Economic Development
AbstractIn this paper, we discuss three factors of critical importance for regional economic development, namely entrepreneurship, social capital and governance. We conclude firstly that the relationships between regional entrepreneurship, regional social capital, regional governance and regional economic development are complex and interdependent. Secondly, to influence these factors and the relationship between them policy-makers must have a long-term perspective and be both patient and persistent in their efforts. It is our hope that this paper provides both a somewhat better understanding of the relationships between regional entrepreneurship, regional social capital, regional governance and regional economic development and some help to national and regional policy-makers in formulating and implementing the proper long-term regional policies needed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Innovation and Technology Research, Blekinge Institute of Technology in its series CITR Working Paper Series with number 2012/06.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 06 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CITR (Center for Innovation and Technology Research), Department of Industrial Economics, Blekinge Inst of Technology, 371 79 Karlskrona, Sweden
Phone: 0455 - 38 50 00
Fax: 0455 - 38 50 57
Web page: http://www.bth.se/csir
More information through EDIRC
Regional economic development; entrepreneurship; social capital; governance;
Other versions of this item:
- Karlsson, Charlie, 2012. "Entrepreneurship, Social Capital, Governance and Regional Economic Development," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 278, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sam Tavassoli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.