Gender Inequality in Human Development: Theories and Measurement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in its series Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) with number HDOCPA-1995-01.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Jun 1995
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as background research for the 1995 Human Development Report.
human development; gender measurement; gender equality;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Y8 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines
- Z00 - Other Special Topics - - General - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2004. "Measuring human and Sustainable Development: An Integrated Approach for European Countries," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0041, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Stephan Klasen & Dana Schüler, 2009. "Reforming the Gender-Related Development Index (GDI) and the Gender Empowerment Measure (GEM): Some Specific Proposals," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 186, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Achin Chakraborty, 2010. "The Concept and Measurement of Group Inequality," Working Papers id:2969, eSocialSciences.
- Hicks, Douglas A., 2004. "Inequalities, Agency, and Well-being: Conceptual Linkages and Measurement Challenges in Development," Working Papers UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nayak, Purusottam, 2007.
"A Human Development Approach to the Status of Development in North East India,"
30499, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Prof. Purusottam Nayak, 2005. "A Human Development Approach To The Status Of Development In North East India," General Economics and Teaching 0509003, EconWPA.
- Frances Stewart, . "Horizontal Inequalities: A Neglected Dimension of Development," QEH Working Papers qehwps81, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Janet Gale Stotsky, 2006. "Gender Budgeting," IMF Working Papers 06/232, International Monetary Fund.
- ValÃ©rie BÃ©renger & Chouchane, Audrey, 2008. "Working Paper 94 - Des inÃ©galitÃ©s de genre Ã lâ€™indice de qualitÃ© de vie des femmes," Working Paper Series 229, African Development Bank.
- Sreenivasan Subramanian, 2011. "Inter-group Disparities in the Distributional Analysis of Human Development: Concepts, Measurement, and Illustrative Applications," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 27-52, March.
- Ottersen, Trygve & Mbilinyi, Deogratius & Maestad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof, 2008. "Distribution matters: Equity considerations among health planners in Tanzania," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 218-227, February.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2009. "Gender disparities in the Italian regions from a human development perspective," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 256-269, March.
- Nayak, Purusottam & Mahanta, Bidisha, 2009. "Women Empowerment in India," MPRA Paper 12685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- A. Geske Dijkstra & Lucia Hanmer, 2000. "Measuring Socio-Economic GENDER Inequality: Toward an Alternative to the UNDP Gender-Related Development Index," Feminist Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 41-75.
- Achin Chakraborty, 2001. "The concept and measurement of group inequality," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 315, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.