Linearisierungsverfahren für Standortplanungsprobleme mit nichtlinearen Transportkosten
AbstractThis paper analyzes the Steiner-Weber-Problem with piecewise linear or piecewise constant transportation costs. These non-differentiable cost functions are analyzed using different one-step and dynamic linearization methods, which are based on approximations via average and marginal costs. An extensive numerical study compares these approaches with solutions based on linear and geometric regressions of the cost functions. In the numerical examples the dynamic linearization approaches give results near the optimal solutions. The relative deviations of the transportation costs of the approximated solutions to the minimal costs depend on the initialization of the dynamic approaches and improve as the number of demand points increases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät in its series Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) with number dp-388.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Steiner-Weber-Problem; Standortplanung in der Ebene; stückweise lineare Transportkosten; Linearisierung; Dynamic Slope Scaling.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-02-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holmberg, Kaj & Ling, Jonas, 1997. "A Lagrangean heuristic for the facility location problem with staircase costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 63-74, February.
- Fleischmann, Bernhard, 1993. "Designing distribution systems with transport economies of scale," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 31-42, October.
- HANSEN, Pierre & PEETERS, Dominique & RICHARD, Denis & THISSE, Jacques-François, . "The minisum and minimax location problems revisited," CORE Discussion Papers RP -683, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Domschke, Wolfgang, 1997. "Logistik: Rundreisen und Touren. 4. Aufl," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 8162, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Heidrich, Christian).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.