Investment Under Financial Constraints: Theory and Tests with West German Micro Data
AbstractWe present a microeconometric study of the impact of financial constraints on investment decisions of 755 quoted and unquoted West German firms over the period 1989 to 1994. The underlying theoretical model is based upon rational expectations and convex adjustment costs. The panel data estimates lead to the hypothesis that limited access to external financial funds can indeed restrain the growth of investment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Hamburg University, Department of Economics in its series Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers with number 19802.
Date of creation: Feb 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Von-Melle-Park 5 D-20146 Hamburg
Phone: : +49 (0)40 42838-4674
Fax: +49 (0)40 42838-5546
Web page: http://www.uni-hamburg.de/onTEAM/grafik/1223630633/RePec/ham
More information through EDIRC
Investment; Panel Data; Financing Policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klaus Abberger & Sascha O. Becker & Barbara Hofmann & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2007. "Mikrodaten im ifo Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung: Bestand, Verwendung, Zugang," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 44, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Klaus Abberger & Sascha Becker & Barbara Hofmann & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2007. "Mikrodaten im ifo Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung – Bestand, Verwendung und Zugang," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 27-42, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.