A New Regional Household Demand System for GTAP
AbstractThe GTAP final demand system has some known defects: the computation of the equivalent variation is not exact; with non-standard demand parameters, the equivalent variation may be grossly in error; the decomposition of the equivalent variation contains a nuisance term. We find a further defect, that the upper-level demand equations are invalid. We revise the model to remove these defects.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University in its series GTAP Working Papers with number 404.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Note: GTAP Working Paper No. 14
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1145 Krannert Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1145
Phone: (765) 494-4267
Fax: 765 494-9176
Web page: http://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph Francois & Miriam Manchin & Hanna Norberg & Olga Pindyuk & Patrick Tomberger, 2013. "Reducing Transatlantic Barriers to Trade and Investment: An Economic Assessment," IIDE Discussion Papers 20130401, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Naohiko Yahaba, 2010. "How Does A Decrease In Oil Production Affect The World Economy?," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 388, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Philippidis, George & Hubbard, Lionel J. & Renwick, Alan W., 2006.
"A CGE Analysis of the Harbinson Proposal: Outcomes for the EU25,"
45992, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Philippidis, George & Hubbard, Lionel J. & Renwick, Alan W., 2006. "A CGE Analysis of the Harbinson Proposal: Outcomes for the EU25," Working Papers 45992, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Xiao-guang Zhang & George Verikios, 2007.
"Providing Duty-Free Access to Australian Markets for Least-Developed Countries: A General Equilibrium Analysis,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 40(3), pages 239-252, 09.
- Xiao-guang Zhang & George Verikios, 2006. "Providing Duty-Free Access to Australian Markets for Least-Developed COuntries: a General Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 06-09, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Wei Bin Zhang, 2008. "A multi-region economic growth model with migration, housing and regional amenity," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 55, pages 322-350, November.
- Richard Tol & Stefano F Verde, 2013. "Fiscal limits on first-best climate policy: A CGE analysis for Europe," Working Paper Series 5813, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Kowal, Paweł, 2006. "On nesting nonhomothetic preferences," MPRA Paper 931, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007.
"How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," GTAP Working Papers 1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Oyewumi, Olubukola Ayodeju & Jooste, Andre & Britz, Wolfgang & van Schalkwyk, Herman D., 2007. "Tariff and Tariff Rate Quota Liberalization in the South African Livestock Industry: Approaches to Welfare Measurement," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(1), March.
- Lips, Markus, 2005. "Sufficient nourishment worldwide via transfer payments," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 81-96, February.
- Ken Itakura, 2011. "The Economic Consequences of Shifting Away From Nuclear Energy," Working Papers PB-2011-04, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Ricardo Arguello, 2004. "An exporatory assessment of the potential impact of the free trade area of the americas on the andean community," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN 004332, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Ken Itakura, . "Calibrating the Mix of Electric Power Generation Types," Chapters, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Narayanan, Badri & Hertel, Thomas & Horridge, Mark, 2009.
"Disaggregated Data and Trade Policy Analysis: The Value of Linking Partial and General Equilibrium Models,"
GTAP Working Papers
3162, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Narayanan, Badri G. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Horridge, J. Mark, 2010. "Disaggregated data and trade policy analysis: The value of linking partial and general equilibrium models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 755-766, May.
- Naohiko Yahaba, 2010. "How does a decrease in oil production affect the world's economy?," Energy Working Papers 22722, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Birur, Dileep K. & Beach, Robert H., 2011. "Analyzing Trade Implications Of U.S. Biofuels Policies In A General Equilibrium Framework," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103996, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hertel, Thomas, 2013. "Global Applied General Equilibrium Analysis Using the Global Trade Analysis Project Framework," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jeremy Douglas).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.