Russian Economy As The Hostage Of High Oil Prices
AbstractThis paper is about the bane of the Russian economy: rich oil and gas reserves, which hamper the implementation of structural economic reforms. Oil industry forms the backbone of the Russian economy playing a major role in ensuring revenues of the government budget and the country’s favorable trade balance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Working Papers with number 0036.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision: 2012
Russian economy; Russia’s oil-and-gas sector.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2012-10-27 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2012-10-27 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2012-10-27 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2012-10-27 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.