Military Economy and the Military Reform in Russia in 2011
AbstractThe transition to “a new image” of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation that started back in 2008 and continued through 2011 was clearly planned, as the Russian top military leaders affirmed. In practice, however, these plans proved to be “unbaked” and required online corrections and removal of deficiencies. This paper deals with the acute issues of the Russian Military Reform throughout 2011.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Working Papers with number 0035.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision: 2012
military reform; Russian Federation; conscription; defence policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Vasily Zatsepin & Vitaly Tsymbal & Elena Trofimova, 2012. "Military Economy and the Military Reform in Russia in 2011," Published Papers, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy 49, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2012.
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- F52 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - National Security; Economic Nationalism
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.