The Land Plots Market and Housing Mortgage Lending in Russia in 2012
AbstractAccording to the RF Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre and Cartography (Rosreestr), the land area in the ownership of RF individuals continues to decrease. As of 1 January 2012, it amounted to 119.6 million hectares (m ha) (7% of the total land surface) vs. 121.4 m ha (7.1%) in 2011 (Table 15). By contrast, the land area in state or municipal ownership and in the ownership of legal entities is on the rise. Over the course of last year, the area of land plots in the ownership of legal entities increased by 1.5 m ha, to 13.5 m ha, or to 0.8% of the total land surface, which represented a 0.3 pp. increase on 2009. In the main, these changes resulted from transfers of the ownership of participatory shares in the right of common ownership to land plots of agricultural designation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy in its series Published Papers with number 158.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision: 2013
Publication status: Published Paper Series
Russian economy; land market; housing prices;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- L74 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Construction
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Hugues).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.