Intergorvernmental Fuscal Relations in Developing Countries. A Review of Issues
AbstractFiscal decentralisation - the devolution of taxing and spending powers to lowe levels of government - has become an important theme of governance in many developing countries in recent years. Accordingly, restructuring of governmental functions and finances between the national and lower levels of government has entered the core of the development debate. A general conclusion emerging from this review of theoretical and empirical literature on intergovernmental fiscal relations is that sub-national governments need to be given access to adequate resources to do the job with which they are entrusted.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universitat Zurich - Wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Institut in its series Papers with number 2001:11.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Swizerland; University of Zurich, Economic Department, Raemistrasse 71 8006 Zurich, Switzerland. 25p.
Web page: http://www.oec.uzh.ch/
More information through EDIRC
FISCAL POLICY ; INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- O23 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergey Sinelnikov & Pavel Kadochnikov & Ilya Trunin, 2008. "From Elections to Appointments of the Regional Governors: Major Challenges and Outcomes," Published Papers 2, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2008.
- P K Mohanty & B M Mishra & Rajan Goyal & P D Jeromi, 2008. "Municipal Finance in India:An Assessment," Working Papers id:1357, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.