Determinants of Unemployment Duration in Russia
AbstractUsing information contained in a nationally representative, longitudinal survey of Russian citizens, this research analyzes the determinants of unemployment duration during the early stages of economic transition. A competing-risks, discrete-time waiting model, augmented to incorporate unobserved heterogeneity, is employed to analyze whether there is evidence of duration dependence in unemployment, and the role of demographic characteristics, alternative income support, and local demand comditions in explaining unemployment duration for working-age individuals.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale - Economic Growth Center in its series Papers with number 779.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; YALE UNIVERSITY, ECONOMIC GROWTH CENTER, YALE STATION NEW-HAVEN CONNECTICUT 06520 U.S.A
Phone: (203) 432-3610
Fax: (203) 432-3898
Web page: http://www.econ.yale.edu/~egcenter/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pieter Serneels, 2008.
"Unemployment duration, job search and labour market segmentation.� Evidence from urban Ethiopia,"
Economics Series Working Papers
CSAE WPS/2008-17, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pieter Serneels, 2008. "Unemployment duration, job search and labour market segmentation Evidence from urban Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2008-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Linz, Susan J. & Semykina, Anastasia, 2008. "How do workers fare during transition? Perceptions of job insecurity among Russian workers, 1995-2004," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 442-458, June.
- Grogan, Louise & Berg, Gerard J. van den, 1999.
"The duration of unemployment in Russia,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0015, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Grogan, Louise & van den Berg, Gerard J, 1999. "The Duration of Unemployment in Russia," CEPR Discussion Papers 2268, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Louise Grogan & Gerard J. van den Berg, 1999. "The Duration of Unemployment in Russia," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-011/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Pieter Serneels, 2004.
"Explaining Non-Negative Duration Dependence Among the Unemployed,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Pieter Serneels, 2002. "Explaining Non-Negative Duration Dependence Among the Unemployed," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-13, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Pieter Serneels, 2002. "Explaining Non-Negative Duration Dependence Among the Unemployed," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2002-13, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Furmanov, Kirill, 2009. "On Measurement of the Average Unemployment Duration using Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey data," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 14(2), pages 74-99.
- Kupets Olga, 2005.
"Determinants of unemployment duration in Ukraine,"
EERC Working Paper Series
05-01e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Pieter Serneels, 2004.
"The Nature of Unemployment in Urban Ethiopia,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2004-01, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Voicu, Alexandru, 2005.
"Employment dynamics in the Romanian labor market. A Markov chain Monte Carlo approach,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 604-639, September.
- Alexandru Voicu, 2002. "Employment Dynamics in the Romanian Labor Market. A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 349, Society for Computational Economics.
- Voicu, Alexandru, 2002. "Employment Dynamics in the Romanian Labor Market: A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 438, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Furmanov, Kirill & Chernysheva, Irina, 2012. "Health and job search in Russia," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 26(2), pages 62-91.
- Tichit, Ariane, 2006. "The optimal speed of transition revisited," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 349-369, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.