Declining Inequality In Schooling In Brazil And Its Effects On Inequality In Earning
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale - Economic Growth Center in its series Papers with number 618.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; YALE UNIVERSITY, ECONOMIC GROWTH CENTER, YALE STATION NEW-HAVEN CONNECTICUT 06520 U.S.A
Phone: (203) 432-3610
Fax: (203) 432-3898
Web page: http://www.econ.yale.edu/~egcenter/
More information through EDIRC
education ; income ; social inequality;
Other versions of this item:
- Lam, David & Levison, Deborah, 1991. "Declining inequality in schooling in Brazil and its effects on inequality in earnings," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 199-225, November.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Márcio Antônio Salvato & Lucas Farias Lima & Janice Santos Viana, 2014. "Accounting For Income Inequality: An Application Of The Fields Methodology To The Recent Fall Of Inequality In Brazil," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 086, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J., 1997.
"Health and Wages: Evidence on Men and Women in Urban Brazil,"
97-05, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John, 1997. "Health and wages: Evidence on men and women in urban Brazil," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 159-185, March.
- Nancy Birdsall & Jere R. Behrman & Miguel Székely, 1998. "Movilidad de la enseñanza intergeneracional y condiciones macro y políticas de enseñanza en América Latina," Research Department Publications 4145, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Steven J. Davis, 1992.
"Cross-Country Patterns of Change in Relative Wages,"
NBER Working Papers
4085, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven J. Davis, 1992. "Cross-Country Patterns of Change in Relative Wages," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1992, Volume 7, pages 239-300 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2003. "Brazil : Inequality and Economic Development, Volume 1. Policy Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14653, The World Bank.
- Martins, Lurdes & Veiga, Paula, 2010. "Do inequalities in parents' education play an important role in PISA students' mathematics achievement test score disparities?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1016-1033, December.
- G. Reza Arabsheibani & Francisco Galrao Carneiro & Andrew Henley, 2003. "Human capital and earnings inequality in Brazil, 1988-98 : quantile regression evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3147, The World Bank.
- Nancy Birdsall & Jere R. Behrman & Miguel Székely, 1998.
"Intergenerational Schooling Mobility and Macro Conditions and Schooling Policies in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4144, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jere R. Behrman & Nancy Birdsall & Miguel Székely, 1998. "Intergenerational Schooling Mobility and Macro Conditions and Schooling Policies in Latin America," IDB Publications 6446, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Andre Portela Souza, 2002. "Wage Inequality Changes in Brazil: Market Forces, Macroeconomic Instability and Labor Market Institutions (1981-1997)," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0215, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Letícia Marteleto, 2004. "Desigualdade intergeracional de oportunidades educacionais: uma análise da matrícula e escolaridade das crianças brasileiras," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td242, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Veloso, F.A., 2000.
"Income Composition Endogenous Fertility and Schooling Investments in Children,"
Insper Working Papers
wpe_6, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Fernando A. Veloso, 2000. "Income Composition, Endogenous Fertility and Schooling Investments in Children," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1282, Econometric Society.
- Murray Leibbrandt & Ingrid Woolard, 2001. "The labour market and household income inequality in South Africa: existing evidence and new panel data," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(6), pages 671-689.
- Hassan, Rubina & Mirza, M. Shahzad, 2005. "Education Inequality and Economic Growth: Framework for the Evaluation of Pakistan’s Education Policy," MPRA Paper 26351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suzanne Duryea & Miguel Székely, 1998. "Labor Markets in Latin America: A Supply-Side Story," Research Department Publications 4120, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Thomas, Vinod & Wang, Yan & Fan, Xibo, 2001. "Measuring education inequality - Gini coefficients of education," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2525, The World Bank.
- Lorel Benoit, 2008. "Assessing Brazilian Educational Inequalities," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 62(1), pages 31-56, September.
- Narayan Sastry, 2002. "Trends in Socioeconomic Inequalities in Under-Five Mortality: Evidence from Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1970-1991," Working Papers 02-15, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Suzanne Duryea & Miguel Székely, 1998. "Los mercados laborales en América Latina: el argumento de la oferta," Research Department Publications 4121, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Leticia Marteleto, 2012. "Educational Inequality by Race in Brazil, 1982–2007: Structural Changes and Shifts in Racial Classification," Demography, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 337-358, February.
- Andy Dickerson & Francis Green & Jorge Saba Arbache, 2001. "Trade Liberalization and the Returns to Education: A Pseudo-panel Approach," Studies in Economics 0114, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Maurizio Bigotta & Jaya Krishnakumar & Uma Rani, 2012. "Further theoretical results on the regression-based approach to inequality decomposition and application to India," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 12072, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.