The Age of Humanitarian Emergencies
AbstractThe age of humanitarian Emergencies makes an effort to define and operationalize a humanitarian emergency. After having discussed extensively difinitions related to collective violence, especially genocide and civil war, the paper opts for a more comprehensive difinition associated with the idea of complex humanitarian emergency.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economics Research in its series Research Paper with number 25.
Length: 58 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: United Nations University; World Institute for Development Economics Research, Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
VIOLENCE; HUMANITARIAN AID;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.