Privatization and Restructuring in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence and Policy Options
AbstractBulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, the Slovak Republic, and Slovenia. Because privatization methods show similar results, the extent of restructuring is compared across firms in the seven countries and used for determining which country.Measures of restructuring are examined, including profitability, proportion of the firms with a positive operating cash flow, average operating cash flow as a percent of revenue, growth of labor productivity, growth of total factor productivity, and growth of exports. Econometric analysis was also used to identify the government policies that most encouraged firms to restructure.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 368.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
PRIVATIZATION ; ECONOMIC REFORM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
- P21 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.