Measuring Economic Benefits for Water Investments and Policies
AbstractThis monograph is designed to provide a review, exposition and critical assessment of the concepts and methods for estimating economic benefits of investment and policy decisions involving water. It is intended for field practitioners possessing some training in applied economics who face the task of evaluating water-related decisions.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 338.
Length: 118 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
WATER; INVESTMENTS; ENVIRONMENT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2010. "Sri Lanka - Valuation of Environmental Services in Sri Lanka : A Case Study of Soil and Watershed Benefits in the Southern Province," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12488, The World Bank.
- Arbues, Fernando & Garcia-Valinas, Maria Angeles & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2003. "Estimation of residential water demand: a state-of-the-art review," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Yokwe, Stanley, 2009. "Water productivity in smallholder irrigation schemes in South Africa," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(8), pages 1223-1228, August.
- Zabihollah Rezaee, 1999. "Water resource management," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 27(3), pages 343-352, September.
- Del Villar, Alberto, 2010. "Los precios de los servicios del agua. Un análisis prospectivo de demanda sobre los usos domésticos/Water Services Prices. A Water Demand Forecast Analysis for Household Uses," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 333-356, Agosto.
- Patricia Silva & Stefano Pagiola, 2005. "A Review of the Valuation of Environmental Costs and Benefits in World Bank Projects," Others 0502007, EconWPA.
- Calatrava-Leyva, Javier & Colmenero, Alberto Garrido, 2001. "Analisis del efecto de los mercados de agua sobre el beneficio de las explotaciones, la contaminacion por nitratos y el empleo eventual agrario," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(02), December.
- Ward, Frank A. & Pulido-Velázquez, Manuel, 2008. "Efficiency, equity, and sustainability in a water quantity-quality optimization model in the Rio Grande basin," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 23-37, May.
- Zekri, Slim & Easter, William, 2005. "Estimating the potential gains from water markets: a case study from Tunisia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 161-175, April.
- Johnson, Nancy L. & Baltodano, Maria Eugenia, 2004. "The economics of community watershed management: some evidence from Nicaragua," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 57-71, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.