Restructuring Large Industrial Firms in Central and Eastern Europe: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractThis analysis uses firm-level data to measure how the largest industrial firms in five Central and Eastern European countries restructured during 1992-94 and to make projections through 2000.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 332.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
EUROPE; EASTERN EUROPE; INDUSTRY; ECONOMIC REFORM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stijn Claesens & Simeon Djankov & Gerhard Pohl, 1997.
"Ownership and Corporate Governance : Evidence from the Czech Republic,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
11584, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Pohl, Gerhard, 1997. "Ownership and corporate governance : evidence from the Czech Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1737, The World Bank.
- Dado, Marinela E. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 2002. "Decentralized credtor-led corporate restructuring - cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2901, The World Bank.
- Grosfeld, Irena & Nivet, Jean-Francois, 1999. "Insider power and wage setting in transition: Evidence from a panel of large Polish firms, 1988-1994," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1137-1147, April.
- Iraj Hashi, 1997. "Mass Privatisation and Corporate Governance in the Czech Republic," Working Papers 003, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Djankov, Simeon & Pohl, Gerhard, 1997. "The restructuring of large firms in Slovakia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1758, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.