Restructuring Large Industrial Firms in Central and Eastern Europe: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractThis analysis uses firm-level data to measure how the largest industrial firms in five Central and Eastern European countries restructured during 1992-94 and to make projections through 2000.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank - Technical Papers in its series Papers with number 332.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
EUROPE; EASTERN EUROPE; INDUSTRY; ECONOMIC REFORM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stijn Claesens & Simeon Djankov & Gerhard Pohl, 1997.
"Ownership and Corporate Governance : Evidence from the Czech Republic,"
World Bank Other Operational Studies
11584, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Pohl, Gerhard, 1997. "Ownership and corporate governance : evidence from the Czech Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1737, The World Bank.
- Iraj Hashi, 1997. "Mass Privatisation and Corporate Governance in the Czech Republic," Working Papers 003, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Grosfeld, Irena & Nivet, Jean-Francois, 1999. "Insider power and wage setting in transition: Evidence from a panel of large Polish firms, 1988-1994," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1137-1147, April.
- Djankov, Simeon & Pohl, Gerhard, 1997. "The restructuring of large firms in Slovakia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1758, The World Bank.
- Dado, Marinela E. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 2002. "Decentralized credtor-led corporate restructuring - cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2901, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.