Do Newspaper JOA's Charge Monopoly Advertising Rates? Theory and Evidence
AbstractOur results seem to provide substantial evidence that joint operating agreement's (JOA) act as constrained rather than unconstrained monopolists in setting ad rates and circulation levels. The constraint of having to produce two dailies binds tightly enough to yield JOA CPM's that are much closer to those of competing papers than those of a single-paper monopolist.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division in its series Papers with number 00-10.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE; ANTITRUST DIVISION, JUDICIARY CENTER BUILDING 555 4TH ST. N.W. WASHINGTON D.C. 20001 U.S.A..
Web page: http://www.justice.gov/atr/
More information through EDIRC
PRODUCTION ; MARKET STRUCTURE ; REGULATION ; MONOPOLIES ; PUBLISHING;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.