The Choice of Acquiring Medical Information on Life Insurance Markets
AbstractConsider individuals facing uncertain lifetime (and hence uncertain future incomes). Each individual must go through (dentical) medical checkups. The choice of medical expert that interprets the results, and hence provides more information about the random lifetime, must be done prior to the checkup. We show that in the absence of life insurance market a better medical expert is preferable by all individuals.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tel Aviv in its series Papers with number 28-99.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Israel TEL-AVIV UNIVERSITY, THE FOERDER INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, RAMAT AVIV 69 978 TEL AVIV ISRAEL.
Web page: http://econ.tau.ac.il/research/foerder.asp
More information through EDIRC
HEALTH ; INSURANCE ; FINANCIAL MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.