Impact of Prices, Equivalence Scales and Consumer Preferences on Inequality in Australia, 1975/76-93/94
AbstractThis paper examines inequality in Australia using four Household Expenditure Surveys (HES) between 1975/76 and 1993/94, from the Australian Burau of Statistics (ABS). The effects on inequality of the choice of welfare variable, equivalence scale and price index are examined.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tasmania - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 1998-06.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, HOBART TASMANIA 7001 AUSTRALIA.
Phone: +61 3 6226 7672
Fax: +61 3 6226 7587
Web page: http://www.utas.edu.au/economics-finance/
More information through EDIRC
SOCIAL WELFARE ; PRICES ; CONSUMPTION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Blacklow & Ranjan Ray, 2000.
"A Comparison of Income and Expenditure Inequality Estimates: The Australian Evidence, 1975-76 to 1993-94,"
Australian Economic Review,
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 33(4), pages 317-329.
- Blacklow, P. & Ray, R., 1999. "A Comparison of Income and Expenditure Inequality Estimates: the Australian Evidence, 1975/76 to 1993/94," Papers 1999-05, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.