The Quality of Retrospective Reports in the Malaysian Family Life Survey
AbstractIn this paper, we review studies that have evaluated the quality of retrospective data collected in the 1976-77 and 1988 Malaysian Family Life Surveys. The evaluations considered the internal consistency of the data, expected relationships between variables, comparisons with external contemporaneous data sources, and analyses of replicate reports. We summarize what has been learned about data quality by subject area.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by RAND - Labor and Population Program in its series Papers with number 99-13.
Length: 41 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RAND, Labor and Population Program, 1700 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138 Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138.
Phone: (310) 393-0411, x7359
Web page: http://www.rand.org/labor.html
More information through EDIRC
MEASURING INSTRUMENTS ; MALAYSIA ; DEMOGRAPHY;
Other versions of this item:
- Megan Beckett & Julie DaVanzo & Narayan Sastry & Constantijn Panis & Christine Peterson, 1999. "The Quality of Retrospective Reports in the Malaysian Family Life Survey," Working Papers 99-13, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piacentini, Mario, 2008.
"Migration Enclaves, Schooling Choices and Social Mobility,"
8376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mario Piacentini, 2008. "Migration Enclaves, Schooling Choices and Social Mobility," Development Working Papers 265, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.