Delegated Portfolio Management, No Churning, and Relative Performance-Based Incentive/Sorting Schemes
AbstractWe show that optimal delegated portfolio management contracts-which serve to screen out uninformed agents and reward potentially informed agents sufficiently to compensate their opportunity and/or effort costs-need not imply churning, or randomised trading if uninformed, by the able screened agents, despite limited liability for them which limits the amount of screenable heterogeneity among agents.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor. in its series Papers with number 99-22.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: THEMA, Universite de Paris X-Nanterre, U.F.R. de science economiques, gestion, mathematiques et informatique, 200, avenue de la Republique 92001 Nanterre CEDEX.
INVESTMENTS ; PORTFOLIO ; FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS ; STOCK MARKET;
Other versions of this item:
- S. Bhattacharya, 1999. "Delegated portfolio management, no churning, and relative performance-based incentive/sorting schemes," THEMA Working Papers 99-22, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandeep Kapur & Allan Timmermann, 2005.
"Relative Performance Evaluation Contracts and Asset Market Equilibrium,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(506), pages 1077-1102, October.
- Sandeep Kapur & Allan Timmermann, 2005. "Relative Performance Evaluation Contracts and Asset Market Equilibrium," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0503, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Sandeep Kapur & Allan Timmermann, 2004. "Relative Performance Evaluation Contracts and Asset Market Equilibrium," Finance 0408005, EconWPA.
- Sandeep Kapur & Allan Timmermann, 2004. "Relative Performance Evaluation Contracts and Asset Market Equilibrium," Finance 0408001, EconWPA.
- Kapur, Sandeep & Timmermann, Allan G, 2003. "Relative Performance Evaluation Contracts and Asset Market Equilibrium," CEPR Discussion Papers 4038, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Livio Stracca, 2006.
"Delegated Portfolio Management: A Survey Of The Theoretical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 823-848, December.
- Stracca, Livio, 2005. "Delegated portfolio management: a survey of the theoretical literature," Working Paper Series 0520, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.