Trading Costs for Goods and PPP. A Nonlinear Alternative for Real Exchange rate Dynamics
AbstractThe high persistence of the PPP deviations is well documented in empirical work about real exchange rates. Our paper explores the possibility that, in presence of e.g. shipping costs, a nonlinear representation is more relevant for the real exchange rate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor. in its series Papers with number 9832.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: THEMA, Universite de Paris X-Nanterre, U.F.R. de science economiques, gestion, mathematiques et informatique, 200, avenue de la Republique 92001 Nanterre CEDEX.
EXCHANGE RATE U.F.R. de science economiques; gestion; mathematiques et informatique; 200; avenue de la Republique 9 2001 Nanterre CEDEX. 20p.;
Other versions of this item:
- F. Bec & M. Ben Salem, 1998. "Trading costs for goods and PPP. A nonlinear alternative for real exchange rate dynamics," THEMA Working Papers 98-32, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.