Convergence of Discrete Time Options Pricing Models under Stochastic Rates
AbstractWe analyze the joint convergence of sequences of discounted stock prices and the Radon-Nicodym derivatives of the minimal martingale measure when interest rates are stochastic. Therefrom we deduce the convergence of option values in either complete or incomplete markets. We particularize the general reuslt to two main examples: a discrete time i.i.d. approximation of a Merton type pricing model for options on stocks and the trinomial tree of Hull and White for interest rate derivatives.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor. in its series Papers with number 9734.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: THEMA, Universite de Paris X-Nanterre, U.F.R. de science economiques, gestion, mathematiques et informatique, 200, avenue de la Republique 92001 Nanterre CEDEX.
PRICES ; INTEREST RATE ; ECONOMETRICS ; CONVERGENCE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.