Dynamic Wealth Redistribution, Trade, and Asset Pricing
AbstractWe relate wealth redistribution, asset pricing, and trade in financial assets by introducing heterogeneous agents into a Lucas tree-model. Heterogeneity of agents causes trade in financial assets and dynamic wealth redistribution. When consumers have time-separable, constant elasticity utilities with constant time-discount factors, the price-representative consumer has declining temporal relative risk aversion and intertemporal discount factors. Resulting asset prices "over-react": Adverse aggregate consumption shocks cause wealth redistribution towards more risk averse consumers, reinforcing the adverse market value effect. Interest rates, risk premia, return volatility, and trade volume exhibit time-variance.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research in its series Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers with number 8-93.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3254 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6367
Phone: (215) 898-7616
Fax: (215) 573-8084
Web page: http://finance.wharton.upenn.edu/~rlwctr/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiang Wang, 1995. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates in a Pure Exchange Economy with Heterogeneous Investors," NBER Working Papers 5172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiang, Wang, 1996. "The term structure of interest rates in a pure exchange economy with heterogeneous investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 75-110, May.
- Wang, Jiang, 1959-, 1995. "The term structure of interest rates in a pure exchange economy with heterogeneous investors," Working papers 3839-95., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.