A Mean-Variance Framework for Tests for Asset Pricing Models
AbstractThis paper presents a mean-variance framework for likelihood ration tests of asset pricing models. A pricing model is tested by examining the position of one of more reference portfolios is sample mean-standard-deviation space. Included are tests of both single-beta and multiple-beta relations, with or without a riskless asset, using either a general or a specific alternative hypothesis. Tests with factors that are not portfolio returns are also included. The mean-variance framework is illustrated by testing the zero-beta CAPM, a two-beta pricing model, and the consumption-beta model.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research in its series Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers with number 25-88.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 3254 Steinberg Hall-Dietrich Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6367
Phone: (215) 898-7616
Fax: (215) 573-8084
Web page: http://finance.wharton.upenn.edu/~rlwctr/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Kandel, Shmuel & Stambaugh, Robert F, 1989. "A Mean-Variance Framework for Tests of Asset Pricing Models," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 125-56.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2004.
"Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
27-2004, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research, revised Dec 2004.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2009. "Portfolio Selection With Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 487-521.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2008. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 664, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2004. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 6, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2007.
- Massimo Marinacci & Fabio Maccheroni & Aldo Rustichini & Marco Taboga, 2005. "Portfolio Selection with Monotone Mean-Variance Preferences," Finance 0502014, EconWPA.
- Shmuel Kandel & Robert McCulloch & Robert F. Stambaugh, 1993.
"Bayesian Inference and Portfolio Efficiency,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shmuel Kandel & Robert F. Stambaugh, 1994.
"Portfolio Inefficiency and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
4702, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kandel, Shmuel & Stambaugh, Robert F, 1995. " Portfolio Inefficiency and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 157-84, March.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1994. "Multifactor Models Do Not Explain Deviations from the CAPM," NBER Working Papers 4756, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Stevenson, 2000. "International Real Estate Diversification: Empirical Tests using Hedged Indices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 19(1), pages 105-131.
- Attiya Y. Javid & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2008. "The Conditional Capital Asset Pricing Model: Evidence from Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2008:48, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Campbell R. Harvey, 1994.
"Predictable Risk and Returns in Emerging Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
4621, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wayne E. Ferson & Andrew F. Siegel, 2006. "Testing Portfolio Efficiency with Conditioning Information," NBER Working Papers 12098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kim, Daehwan, 2012. "Is currency hedging necessary for emerging-market equity investment?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 67-71.
- Claessens, Stijn, 1993. "Equity portfolio investment in developing countries : a literature survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1089, The World Bank.
- Javid, Attiya Yasmin, 2008. "Time Varying Risk Return Relationship: Evidence from Listed Pakistani Firms," MPRA Paper 37561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.