A Comparison of Consumption Models Estimated on American and Polish Panel and Pseudo-Panel Data
AbstractThe problem addresses in this article is the bias to income and expenditure elasticity estimates caused by inattention to measurement error and unobserved heterogeneity. We gauge these biases by comparing cross-sectional, pseudo-panel and true panel data from Polish and American expenditure surveys.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Papiers du Laboratoire de MicroÃ©conomie AppliquÃ©e with number 1998-09.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITE DE PARIS I-PANTHEON-SORBONNE, CENTRE NATIONALE DE RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE, LABORATOIRE DE MICROECONOMIE APPLIQUEE, 90 DE TOLBIAC 75634 PARIS CEDEX 13 FRANCE.
Phone: 33 1 55 43 42 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://team.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
CONSUMPTION ; ECONOMETRICS ; STATISTICAL ANALYSIS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francois Gardes & Christophe Starzec, 2004. "Income Effects on Services Expenditures," DEMPATEM Working Papers wp7, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Francois Gardes & Christophe Starzec, 2004. "Household Demand Patterns in France 1980-1995," DEMPATEM Working Papers wp6, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Beine, Michel & Bismans, Francis & Docquier, Frederic & Laurent, Sebastien, 2001.
"Life-cycle behaviour of US households: A nonlinear GMM estimation on pseudopanel data,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 713-729, October.
- Michel Beine & Francis Bisman & Frédéric Docquier & Sébastien Laurent, 2001. "Life cycle behaviour of US households: a non linear GMM estimation on pseudo-panel data," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10447, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.