Incomplete Markets : "Financial Engineering" of Transverse Asset Structures
AbstractIn a multiperiod economy with incomplete markets and assets that exhibit a payoff depending on price history, we show that one need not perturb back office and settlement feature of assets to get endowment generic existence of an equilibrium. We exhibit a class of assets -transverse assets - and use the backward induction pricing structure to show that perturbation of maturity payoffs provide enough leverage to ensure endowment generic existence of an equilibrium. As an application of this, we prove a conjecture by Magill and Quinzii that commodity forward contracts always lead to endowment generic existence of an equilibrium (even in the multiperiod case).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications with number 1999-64.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: France; Universite de Paris I - Pantheon- Sorbonne, 12 Place de Pantheon-75005 Paris, France
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
MARKET ; PRICES ; GENERIC EXISTENCE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.