GDP Growth, Terms-of-Trade Effects and Total Factor Productivity
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to access the contribution of each one of the major factors explaining Australian nominal growth: technological change, movements in the terms of trade, increases in the endowments of labour and capital, and changes in domestic output prices.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by New South Wales - School of Economics in its series Papers with number 96/28.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES, SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS, P.O.B. 1 KENSINGTON, NEW SOUTH WALES 2033 AUSTRALIA.
Fax: +61)-2- 9313- 6337
Web page: http://www.economics.unsw.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC GROWTH; INTERNATIONAL TRADE; TECHNOLOGICAL CHANGE;
Other versions of this item:
- Kevin Fox & Ulrich Kohli, 1998. "GDP growth, terms-of-trade effects, and total factor productivity," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 87-110.
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diewert, Erwin & Mizobuchi, Hideyuki, 2009. "An Economic Approach to the Measurement of Productivity Growth Using Differences Instead of Ratios," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 09 Jan 2009.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2007. "Index Numbers," Economics working papers diewert-07-01-03-08-17-23, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 31 Jan 2007.
- Kevin J. Fox & R. Quentin Grafton & James Kirkley & Dale Squires, 2002.
"Property Rights in a Fishery: Regulatory Change and Firm Performance,"
Economics and Environment Network Working Papers
0205, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Fox, Kevin J. & Grafton, R. Quentin & Kirkley, James & Squires, Dale, 2003. "Property rights in a fishery: regulatory change and firm performance," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 156-177, July.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2013.
"US TFP Growth and the Contribution of Changes in Export and Import Prices to Real Income Growth,"
Economics working papers
erwin_diewert-2013-2, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 11 Jan 2013.
- W. Diewert, 2014. "US TFP growth and the contribution of changes in export and import prices to real income growth," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 19-39, February.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2010.
"Measuring Productivity in the Public Sector: Some Conceptual Problems,"
Economics working papers
erwin_diewert-2010-6, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 13 Jul 2010.
- W. Diewert, 2011. "Measuring productivity in the public sector: some conceptual problems," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 177-191, October.
- W. Diewert, 2012. "The measurement of productivity in the nonmarket sector," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 217-229, June.
- Diewert, Erwin, 2008. "Changes in the Terms of Trade and Canada's Productivity Performance," Economics working papers diewert-08-03-11-11-03-49, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 18 Jul 2008.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 2003. "Measuring Capital," NBER Working Papers 9526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Johnson, Michael E. & Yu, Bingxin, 2012. "Improved performance of agriculture in Africa South of the Sahara: Taking off or bouncing back?," IFPRI discussion papers 1224, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- W. Diewert & Alice Nakamura, 2003. "Index Number Concepts, Measures and Decompositions of Productivity Growth," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 127-159, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.