The Effect of Excess-of-Loss Reinsurance with Reinstatements of the Cedent's Portfolio
AbstractThe adjustment for the cedent's retained risk after excess-of-loss reinsurance with reinstatements is calculated. Therefore we need a multivariate aggregate claims distribution. This distribution is easily given by a multivariate extension of Panjer's recursion. Numerical examples show the interest for the cedent to calculate the adjustment coeeficient for its portfolio when buying excess of loss reinsurance with reinstatements. An optimal organization is discussed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique in its series Papers with number 0003.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institut de Statistique, Voie du Roman Pays, 34 B-1348 Louvain- La-Neuve, Belgique.
ECONOMETRICS ; RISK ; INSURANCE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.