Executive Control, Performance and Compensation in French Firms
AbstractThe paper introduces first the legal framework as it has been developed by French jurisprudence which distinguishes the social interest of the firm from the interest of all stakeholders. Then, it presents the monitoring of executives in several fields, commodity markets, the financial market, stock exchange and evaluates the different means of control and incentives. In the second part, French data relative to stakeholders and boards are scrutinised.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by LIRHE - Universite des sciences sociales Toulouse in its series Papers with number 289.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: France; Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de recherche sur le ressources humaines et l'emploi (LIRHE). Universite des sciences sociales - bat. J - Place Anatole-France - 31042 Toulouse Cedex
Phone: 05 22.214.171.124
Fax: 05 126.96.36.199
Web page: http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/LIRHE/
More information through EDIRC
BUSINESS ORGANIZATION ; ENTERPRISES ; FRANCE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.