Trade Gains, Paretian Transfer and the Tragedy of the Commons
AbstractRecently, the issue of worldwide environmental quality has been discussed in the context of trade liberalization on a global scale. Two diametrically opposite tenets have been recorded. According to one tenet - the cons-increasing opportunities for profitable exchange created by trade liberalization would enhance the production of goods, hence increase the "pollution", its environmental by product. According to the other tenet, however, free or "freer" trade does not necessary have detrimental effects on the environment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Laval - Recherche en Energie in its series Papers with number 9625.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITE LAVAL, GREEN, DEPARTEMENT D'ECONOMIQUE, QUEBEC G1K 7P4.
Phone: (418) 656-2096
Fax: (418) 656-7412
Web page: http://www.green.ecn.ulaval.ca/
More information through EDIRC
INTERNATIONAL TRADE; POLLUTION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.