The Chilean 'Social Integration' Approach to Poverty Alleviation: The Case of the Programme for Female Heads of Households
AbstractThe Chilean neoliberal approach to welfare has received much attention due to its emphasis on poverty reduction and income generation through increasing access to the market. This paper examines the potential of this strategy to alleviate poverty by focusing on a social programmme targeted at female heads of households.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Hertfordshire - Business Schoool in its series Papers with number 1999:5.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Hertfordshire, School of Business, Hertford Campus, Mangrove Road Hertford SG13 8QF, UK.
Phone: +44 (0)1707 284800
Fax: +44 (0)1707 284870
Web page: http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/schools-of-study/business/
More information through EDIRC
POVERTY ; WOMEN ; HOUSEHOLD INCOME;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - General Welfare
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.