"Is the Turkish Social Security System in Need of Reform?"
AbstractThis paper examines whether the Turkish pay-as-you-go Social Security System is in need of reform. In an attempt to shed a light on the future sustainability of the pay-as-you-go social security system in Turkey, the paper examines the demographic and financial pressures on social security and especially pensions. The brief description of the social security schemes in Turkey shows that, theoretically it's design is intended to provide a "sustainable" social security system. However, this theoretical intention has not been met. Various reasons can be accounted for this failure. This paper attempts to highlight those reasons.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Hertfordshire - Business Schoool in its series Papers with number 1999:1.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Hertfordshire, School of Business, Hertford Campus, Mangrove Road Hertford SG13 8QF, UK.
Phone: +44 (0)1707 284800
Fax: +44 (0)1707 284870
Web page: http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/schools-of-study/business/
More information through EDIRC
SOCIAL SECURITY ; TURKEY ; PENSION FUNDS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sayan, Serdar & Kiraci, Arzdar, 2001. "Parametric pension reform with higher retirement ages: A computational investigation of alternatives for a pay-as-you-go-based pension system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 951-966, June.
- Kenc, Turalay & Sayan, Serdar, 2001. "Demographic shock transmission from large to small countries: An overlapping generations CGE analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 677-702, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.