The National Health Service: Approaching Comfortable Middle Age or Terminal Decline? A Review of the Service since 1979
AbstractAs of July 1998 the NAtional Health Service will be 50 years old. At a time of much soul searching it is worth considering if the service of today, is near the end of its life or preparing for comfortable middle age! In May 1997 the Labour party swept into power with a massive majority, but this followed 18 years of right wing government under Margaret Thatcher and John Major. During this period the NHS experienced major changes to its internal structure.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Hertfordshire - Business Schoool in its series Papers with number 1998:12.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Hertfordshire, School of Business, Hertford Campus, Mangrove Road Hertford SG13 8QF, UK.
Phone: +44 (0)1707 284800
Fax: +44 (0)1707 284870
Web page: http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/schools-of-study/business/
More information through EDIRC
HEALTH ; UNITED KINGDOM;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.