Currency Crises and Economic Fundamentals in Finland
AbstractRecent currency crises in Filand are analyzed. First probit model estimations suggest that growth, unemployment, real exchange rate and contagion effects have affected the probability of a currenycy crisis. Second, empirical shadow floating exchange rates are formed using a revised version of Blanco-Garber method. This method offers structural explanations for the findings of the probit models. Also, it allows studying how the size of foreign reserves fas affected the probability of a crisis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics in its series University of Helsinki, Department of Economics with number 441.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Helsinki; Department of Economics, P.O.Box 54 (Unioninkatu 37) FIN-00014 Helsingin Yliopisto
Phone: +358 9 191 8897
Fax: +358 9 191 8877
Web page: http://www.helsinki.fi/politiikkajatalous/
More information through EDIRC
CURRENCIES ; SPECULATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.