Competition in Power Generation with Heterogeneous Technologies
AbstractWe propose a simple model of competition for the production of energy between a thermal station and an hydrostation. We show analytically and geometrically that, despite its static characteristics, the output from the thermal station is determined by the intertemporal specifications of costs and utility. This results from the scarcity of the water resource. We analyze this interdependancy in the case of a social planner who maximizes the net total utility from electricity ad well as in the case of competition in quantities between two private firms.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Toulouse - GREMAQ in its series Papers with number 99.518.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: GREMAQ, Universite de Toulouse I Place Anatole France 31042 - Toulouse CEDEX France.
Fax: 05 61 22 55 63
Web page: http://www-gremaq.univ-tlse1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
COMPETITION ; GAME THEORY ; ENERGY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.