Scale Economies and Natural Monopoly in the Postal Delivery: Comparison Between Parametric and Non Parametric Specifications
AbstractThis paper synthesize different econometric models of the postal delivery, estimated using a french data set. These models explain the demand of labor (representing the essential part of the cost) by a vector of outputs (different types of delivered objects) and by geographical characteristics of the office. The data are constructed by a cros-section sample in the set of offices in France and there is no observable variation in the sample of the price of the labor.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Toulouse - GREMAQ in its series Papers with number 96.434.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: GREMAQ, Universite de Toulouse I Place Anatole France 31042 - Toulouse CEDEX France.
Fax: 05 61 22 55 63
Web page: http://www-gremaq.univ-tlse1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMETRICS ; LABOUR;
Other versions of this item:
- Cazals, Catherine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Rouzaud, Séverine & de Rycke, Marc, 1996. "Scale Economies and Natural Monopoly in the Postal Delivery : Comparison between Parametric and Non Parametric Specifications," IDEI Working Papers 58, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kruse, Jörn & Liebe, Andreas, 2005. "Netzzugang und Wettbewerb bei Briefdiensten," HWWA Reports 257, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Cazals, Catherine & Fève, Frédérique & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Roy, Bernard, 2004. "Delivery Costs II: Back to Parametric Models," IDEI Working Papers 286, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Boldron, François & Fève, Frédérique & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Panet-Amaro, C. & Valognes, C., 2010. "Econometric Models and the Evolution of Post-Offices Network," TSE Working Papers 10-180, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.