Gender in the Italian Welfare State Reforms
AbstractThe paper examines the gender relations upsheld by the Italian welfare state, and points out that the reforms of cash transfer programs, which took place after 1992, reinforce the "male -breadwinner/female -housekeeper" model.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Institute - European Forum in its series Papers with number 99/5.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE, ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT, BADIA FIESOLANA, SAN DOMENICO (FI), ITALY
Fax: + 39 55 4685 775
Web page: http://www.iue.it/EF/Welcome.html
More information through EDIRC
GENDER ; SOCIAL WELFARE ; ITALY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisabetta Addis, 2002. "Gender Symmetry in the Reform of European Welfare States," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 25, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/2540 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carole Bonnet & Odile Chagny & Paola Monperrus-Veroni, 2004.
"Les systèmes de retraite et les femmes. En France, en Allemagne et en Italie,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 90(3), pages 343-378.
- Carole Bonnet & Odile Chagny & Paola Veroni, 2004. "Les systèmes de retraite et les femmes en France, en Allemagne et en Italie," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2540, Sciences Po.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.