Risk, Rule, and Reason in Africa
AbstractIn general, Sub-Saharan Africa has produced a notable absence of leadership. Authoritarian political traditions, lack of national identity, underdeveloped middle classes, and widespread economic distress are among the sweeping, impersonal forces cited as factors that produce poor leader after poor leader in Sub-Saharan Africa. This paper instead takes a micro-level view of leadership. Without denying that macro-level social and economic factors bear on leaders' behavior, Goldsmith looks at these people as individuals and speculates about the incentives created by their environment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EAGER Publication/BHM in its series Equity and Growth through Economic Research with number 46.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1800 North Kent Street, Suite 1060. Arlington, Virginia
LEADERSHIP ; RISK ; BEHAVIOUR;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.