Firm Valuation with Deferred Taxes: A Theoretical Framework
AbstractThis paper proposes a method for valuing a firm's debt and equity that relies on readily-accessible current accounting data applied in an easily understood and intuitively appealing manner and which addresses the impact of a firm's accounting for taxes on a its economic profitability. We derive parsimonious expressions for the value of a firm's equity and debt in terms of current book values and future abnormal earnings which require no separate adjustments for deferred tax balances.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Columbia - Graduate School of Business in its series Papers with number 97-13.
Length: 41 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, PAINE WEBBER , New York, NY 10027 U.S.A
Phone: (212) 854-5553
Web page: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/business/
More information through EDIRC
DEBT ; EQUITY ; ACCOUNTING ; TAXES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.