A Contractual Approach to the Regulation Corporate Directors' Fiduciary Duties
AbstractTraditional American corporation statutes state that the business and affairs of the corporation shall be managed by a board of directors who act as fiduciaries of the corporation. The purpose of this paper is to explain the economic logic underlying the regulation of corporate directors' fiduciary duties, placing special emphasis on the consequences of the adoption of protective measures for the directors such as indemnification and liability insurance.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros- in its series Papers with number 0013.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros. Casado del Alisal, 5-28014 Madrid, Spain.
Web page: http://www.cemfi.es/
More information through EDIRC
CORPORATIONS ; PROTECTIVE MEASURES ; INSURANCE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pijoan-Mas, Josep, 2005.
"Precautionary Savings or Working Longer Hours?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Martin Boyer, 2004. "Is the Demand for Corporate Insurance a Habit? Evidence of Organizational Inertia from Directors' and Officers' Insurance," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-33, CIRANO.
- M. Martin Boyer, 2003.
"Directors' and Officers' Insurance and Shareholders' Protection,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Boyer, Martin, 2014. "Directors’ and officers’ insurance and shareholder protection," Journal of Financial Perspectives, EY Global FS Institute, vol. 2(1), pages 107-128.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.