Endogenous Mercantilism and Oligopoly Dumping
AbstractAlthough the world and its global economy become more and more integrated with each passing year, not all the correlated increase in trade could be unambiguously be called free trade. A significant share of world trade growth in the past generation has occured with state guided economies of decidedly mercantilistic stripe. Coincident with the economic upsurge of neo-mercantile states over recent decades, study of mercantilism has increased. This paper is founded on a model where no coordinated intention is invoked to produce mercantile result. We propose a model of endogenous mercantilism and we identify three stages in the relantioships between the mercantile state and its world trading partners.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by California Irvine - School of Social Sciences in its series Papers with number 99-00-18.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, IRVINECALIFORNIA 91717 U.S.A.
OLIGOPOLIES ; INTERNATIONAL TRADE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.