Trade Induced Convergence in Credit Constrained Economies
AbstractThis paper constructs a model where otherwise identical economies having different initial conditions are in different steady-states in autarky because skill accumulation is subject to credit constraint. In a two country world it is shown how international trade in goods can cause complete convergence in skill endowments and per capita outputs of trading economies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by California Irvine - School of Social Sciences in its series Papers with number 00-01.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, IRVINECALIFORNIA 91717 U.S.A.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE ; ECONOMIC GROWTH ; EXPERIMENTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.