Trade Deficits in Poland and Estonia: Capital Imports versus Import Penetration and the Sustainability of Current Account Deficits
AbstractThis paper attempts to analyse the structure and development of marchandise imports into Poland and Estonia, and assess their influence on the respective conditions of catch-up development for the two economies: whilst capital imports constitute an important condition for overcoming the technological backwardness in transition economies, current account deficits effect negatively in the stabilisation of the monetary constitution.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Cairo - Economics and Political Sciences in its series Papers with number 82.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The American University in Cairo, Economics and Political Science. 113 Sharia Kasr El Aini Cairo Egypt.
Web page: http://www.aucegypt.edu/Business/econ/
More information through EDIRC
INTERNATIONAL TRADE ; CAPITAL MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.