Ending Waiting-List Mismanagement: Principles and Practice
AbstractAn Abyss divided common understandings about waiting lists from evidence about their nature and causes and what might work to rationalize them. In a recent comprehensive report for Health Canada we found that the state of waiting-list information and management systems in Canada is Woefully inadequate, particularly for elective procedures. Here, we identify key lessons and outline a number of initiatives that should contribute to more durable solutions, both in Canada and other countries experiencing similar problems.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research. in its series Centre for Health Services and Policy Research with number 2000:6.
Length: 4 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The University of British Columbia. Health Policy Research Unit. 429-2194 Health Sciences Mall. Vancouver, BC. V6T 1Z3
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mercuri, Mat & Natarajan, Madhu K. & Holder, Douglas H. & Xie, Changchun & Gafni, Amiram, 2009. "Insight into capacity planning for cardiac catheterization services: Policy lessons learned from "Looking in the Mirror" over a decade," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 314-320, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.