Social Inequality, Population Health, Housing: a Study of two Vancouver Neighbourhoods
AbstractThis paper reports the main findings of an empirical study of relationships between socioeconomic status, material and meaningful dimensions of housing and home, and health status. Our objective is to investigate ways in which material and meaningful factors related to housing, in conjunction with other dimensions of the social environment, could operate to produce systematic inequalities in health status across social strata.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research. in its series Centre for Health Services and Policy Research with number 2000:1.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The University of British Columbia. Health Policy Research Unit. 429-2194 Health Sciences Mall. Vancouver, BC. V6T 1Z3
HEALTH ; SOCIAL WELFARE ; HOUSING;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.