Relative Power of t Type Tests of Stationary and Unit Root Processes
AbstractThis paper shows numerically that the lack of power and size distortions of the Dickey-Fuller type tests for unit roots (very well documented in the unit root literature) are similar to and in many situations even smaller than the lack of power and size distortions of th standard Student t tests for stationary roots of an autoregressive model.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Boston University - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 36.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
UNIT ROOTS; TESTS;
Other versions of this item:
- Gonzalo, Jesús & Lee, Tae-Hwy, . "Relative power of t type tests of stationary and unit root processes," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/747, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gonzalo, Jesus & Lee, Tae-Hwy, 1998.
"Pitfalls in testing for long run relationships,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 129-154, June.
- Gonzalo, J. & Lee, T.H., 1995. "Pitfalls in Testing for Long Run Relationships," Papers 38, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Gonzalo, Jesús & Lee, Tae-Hwy, . "Pitfalls in testing for long run relationships," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/753, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Jürgen Wolters & Uwe Hassler, 2006.
"Unit root testing,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 43-58, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.